Video Game / Kung Fu Chaos
Kung Fu Chaos
(or Kung Fu Panic
in Japan) is a 3D third-person platform game developed by Just Add Monsters (the studio now known as Ninja Theory
) and published by Microsoft Game Studios
. It was released for the Xbox
on February 25, 2003 in the U.S.A.
The game's premise is controlling a cast of characters as they make a series of kung-fu films under the direction of Shao Ting, independent director. As this is not a operation with a particularly big budget, there are some minor drawbacks
. The sets for the movie are death traps and actually falling apart during filming. Shao demands that the actors don't use sissy acting methods like pulling punches; for his films, the cast has to murder each other while following the script. The cast themselves are a mix of kung-fu parodies who are more than capable of fighting each other. These "actors" range from a monkey deity
to a obese luchador crime fighter
. Whoever survives will be a Hollywood star and achieve fame and fortune.Needs Wiki Magic Love
This video game provides examples of:
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Ninja Fu Hiya.
- BFG: Lucy Cannon, and her giant shotgun.
- Fartillery: Captain Won Ton.
- Gameplay Grading: From 1 to 5 stars, each with their own rank name.
- 1 Star: Straight To Video
- 2 Stars: Turkey
- 3 Stars: Break Even
- 4 Stars: Sleeper Hit
- 5 Stars: Colossal Hit
- Killer Yoyo: Candi Roll dual-wields these.
- Old Master: Master Sho Yu.
- Punny Name: The game gleefully revels in these. Examples include Shao Ting ("Shouting") and Ninja Fu Hiya (Ninja for Hire).
- Secret Character: Candi Roll, Captain Won Ton and Shao Ting.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Shao Ting
- "Where Are They Now?" Epilogue: Every character gets a scene with Shao some time after the films were released to the public. This is also accompanied by a scrolling description of how the character used their success to further their careers, or branch off into new industries.