- Bittersweet Ending: In the endings where the family lives, the Alien dies from protecting the family, and the daughter and mother weep before leaving.
- The ending where the Alien leaves so the family can live can also be seen as this, although it's much less sad.
- Downer Ending: If you let the family die.
- Heroic Sacrifice: In the best ending. See Bittersweet Ending above.
- Mickey Mousing: The bullets that hit the alien distort the melancholy tune that plays.
- Multiple Endings: Depending on if you decide to help the family, leave, or let the family die. If one family member is left, their reaction is individual, and affects the ending in some way. The daughter cries to the point she freezes to death; the son just marches on; the father cries for a moment and leaves; the mother does the same as the daughter. In another ending, you can let both the family and the alien live by taking it back to its spaceship, although that means you're abandoning them to die from the war.
- Snow Means Death
- Stone Wall: The alien cannot attack, but he sure can absorb lots of damage. Unfortunately, there is a limit to that.
- Video Game Caring Potential
Video Game / Immor Tall
An alien life form comes to Earth, and is raised by farmers... No, this isn't his story, this happens in the middle of a war.Play it here. Grab some tissue, you might need them.