is a rather obscure video game for the PlayStation
made around 1996. Loosely based on Gamera: Guardian of the Universe
, the story involves a group called the GFP and its key pilots Jack Morton and Dr. Risa Mukunoki who, with the assistance of Gamera, combat an alien menace intent on conquering Earth.
Despite being under the rader, the game has become something of a cult classic for it's Panzer Dragoon
-esque gameplay, electronica music, and narmy
This video game contains exampes of:
- Adaptational Heroism: In contrast to the Hensai films (where Gamera is a Sociopathic Hero at best), Gamera is always helping GFP fight against the aliens in this game.
- Cloning Blues: The aliens want to use Gyaos' DNA to clone a whole army, and even go so far as to create three mutated versions.
- Darker and Edgier: Aside from cheesy cutscenes and Gamera being unanimously good, the game has unusually dark electronica music, aliens attacking cities across the world, a scheme involving creating mutants with Gyaos and Gamera's DNA, and one of the bosses completely obliterates Hong Kong.
- Disc One Final Boss: Neo Gyaos.
- Eldritch Abomination: Mecha Gyaos, an enhanced and mutated cyborg Gyaos with Gamera's DNA. To make matters worse, Risa is trapped inside it's brain.
- Gratuitous English: Subverted. All of the characters (except Risa, who is dubbed over by a voice actress) actually speak English.
- Soundtrack Dissonance: It's rather odd to hear trance music in anything Gamera related.