Video Game: Erie
ERIE is a fan made 2012 Survival Horror game developed by UGF on the Unreal engine, combining both creepy tension building atmospheres with fast-paced and heart-racing chase scenes.It takes place in October of 1966 where a Fermi 1 Nuclear Power Generator lab accident occurs in a nuclear plant under Lake Erie and locals begin vanishing. Investigative reporter Oliver Victor is called to the scene to investigate these strange disappearances but quickly realizes he's trapped himself in an abandoned underground facility hunted down by the complex's hostile mutations.
Erie shows examples of:
- Arc Symbol: Black cats.
- Air-Vent Passageway: And thanks the lord for them.
- Featureless Protagonist: Also counting as a Silent Protagonist, all that is known about Oliver is that he's an investigator.
- Hell Is That Noise: Unlike most horror games, when the monster is chasing no musical cues occur. All you hear is its eerie and strained shrieks. The creepy pained yells of a dying cat in the background can also confuse gamers.
- Narm: When the monster catches you, a death gif plays of it brutally stabbing/wailing on you with its jagged limbs. However, it's so awkward since the animation makes it looks like he's dancing and it's completely silent, causing many people to burst out laughing or become confused when they first see it.
- Pun-Based Title: The game takes place under Lake Erie, which is a homophone to "eerie", which means strange or frightening, a perfect description of this game.