Video Game: 8Realms
8 Realms. 3 Societies. 1 Dominion.8Realms is a browser-based MMORTS empire-building game developed by Jagex. Players compete to advance their empire through history, starting in ancient times and progressing through the Classical, Feudal, Renaissance, Imperial, Industrial, Modern, and Future Ages, via military conquest, research, and trade. Players compete to advance through the ages the fastest; the winner is the first player on a server to complete the final chapter.The official website can be found here.
8Realms contains examples of:
- Ancient Grome: The Classical Age.
- Construct Additional Pylons
- Easy Logistics: Just feed and pay your troops and organize their movements, and the rest is taken care of automatically.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: From the newspost, "The funniest Settlement names (so far)":But be warned, you'll have to be particularly clever or witty, because - get this - we just won't settle for anything less! (Sorry.)
- Ridiculously Fast Construction: Structures like the Taj Mahal or the Great Wall of China can be built in a matter of hours.
- Rubberband AI: Barbarians will attack you more frequently as you age up.
- Shout-Out: You can train "Gielinor Warriors" in the first age. They wear the same outfit as the Varrock Guards from Runescape.
- Tech Tree
- Top Ten List: The funniest Settlement names (so far)
- Units Not to Scale
- You Have Researched Breathing: For example, having to research "Agriculture" to increase food production even though you can already build farms just fine.
- You Require More Vespene Gas: Resources used include food, wood, stone, iron, coal, oil, aluminium, and gold.