Creator: Jagex Games Studio
Jagex Games Studio is an independent UK-based game publishing and development company. It was started in 1999 by Andrew and Paul Gower. Jagex is best known for its first and most successful game, the Java-based MMORPG RuneScape.Their official website can be found here.
Works created or published by Jagex:
- RuneScape (2001): A browser-based Freemium MMORPG, and according to Guinness World Records, the #1 most popular free MMORPG in the world.
- FunOrb (2008): A Freemium Web Game portal with a wide variety of casual Java games spanning many genres.
- War Of Legends (2010): A persistent-world empire-building game developed by Ultizen and published by Jagex.
- Undercroft (2010): One of several Jagex iPhone Games, but the only one that isn't a port of a FunOrb game.
- Herotopia (2011): A kids' Flash MMORPG developed by Herotainment and published by Jagex.
- 8Realms (2011): An empire-building game with many mechanical similarities to War Of Legends. Notably written with an HTML engine and designed to be playable on an iPad.
- Ace Of Spades (2012): A First-Person Shooter that allows players to destroy and build the environment a la Minecraft.
- Transformers Universe: A Transformers MMO. Cancelled.
- Stellar Dawn: A sci-fi MMO still in development. Website here.
- Block N Load (2015): A First-Person Shooter that plays very similarly to Ace of Spades with buildable and destructible environments.