Bomberman II is a 1991 installment in the Bomberman franchise, and a direct sequel to the 1985 video game also released for NES.The young miner White Bomberman has been framed for a robbery by his rival Black Bomberman and been thrown in jail. The player must escape the cell, find Black Bomberman, and bring him to justice. Gameplay is the classic Bomberman formula, complete with square, grid-based arena and balloon-esque enemies.This is the second of three games to feature Black Bomberman as the main antagonist, following 1990's Bomberman and proceeding to 1992's Bomberman '93, both for TurboGrafx-16. It is also the third title overall to include multiplayer, after Bomber Boy and the aforementioned Bomberman the previous year.Needs Wiki Magic Love. Not to confuse with Custom Battler Bomberman, which was released in Europe as Bomberman 2 (see Market-Based Title).
This game provides examples of:
- A Winner Is You: The game ends with White Bomberman chasing Black Bomberman until he surrenders. Roll credits.
- Action Bomb: Not only from you, but there are enemy bombs that can explode.
- Book Ends: The first area is the prison. The sixth and final area takes place in the same prison you were in, albeit destroyed.
- Continuing Is Painful: Losing a life results in losing upgrades.
- Evil Twin: Black Bomberman. He experiences a Heel–Face Turn in Super Bomberman, which remains for the rest of the series.
- Helpful Mook: The bomb frogs, in the sense that they destroy enemies for you. However, they also can potentially find the exit door and explode in front of it.
- Lost Woods: Area 2.
- Market-Based Title: Was released as Dynablaster in Europe, as its NES predecessor did not receive a PAL release.
- Nintendo Hard
- One-Hit-Point Wonder: White Bomberman, again.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: Including ones that stick their tongues out and walk through bombable walls!
- Slippy-Slidey Ice World: Area 4(?), but with no ice on the floor.
- Stuff Blowing Up
- Timed Mission: Running out of time results in an instant life loss, unlike the first game.
- Underground Level: The fifth area takes place inside a limestone cavern.
- The Unfought: You'd expect the game to be culminating in a final confrontation like the TurboGrafx-16 games, but...