Video Game: Atari 2600 Indy 500
, one of the Atari 2600
's launch titles, is a series of 14 Top-Down View
, Player Versus Player
or Player Versus the Clock
, racing or driving games
, based on Atari
's earlier arcade games Sprint 2
and Crash 'N Score
. Game variations include:
- Two-player racing around a couple of track designs.
- Single-player racing against the clock on the same tracks.
- "Crash n' Score", in which players compete to crash into dots that appear randomly.
- One-player Crash n' Score against the clock.
- Tag, the player who is "it" chases the other one around.
- Ice racing, one or two players on an ice track.
Indy 500 provides examples of: