Video Game: Arodius
You did it! I knew you could do it! You are the star that was born to fight!iPhone App Games usually can't contain nudity, sex, etc. etc. ...so games will usually try to come as close as possible without breaking the rules. That is where you get Arodius, a "dual stick action shooter" with Stripperiffic enemies and a Stripperiffic hero.Basically, it goes down like this: The more you shoot the boss, the less armor they have (at least it's realistic.) There are several modes of difficulty, and the higher the difficulty, the more HP for bosses, and the more HP for bosses, the more skin for you...(which is good until level 3. Really.)Easy: Pretty much no skin. At all. Fairly easy to beat.Normal: Usually still no skin, but outer armor falls off, so thighs will show possibly. A challenge, but beatable.Hard: NOW we're talking! Usually always Bare Your Midriff and Stripperiffic armor!Nightmare: Eh... well, there are a few bosses who actually have to cover up their "assets"...but this mode is nigh-impossible to beat. Enemies swarm you, and add to the terrible controls and lag, you will almost never beat this mode.This game provides examples of Nintendo Hard, The Computer Is a Cheating Bastard, and anything that describes a hard as hell game with Gratuitous English, terrible lag at the worst moments, and bad controls. Oh, and of course, Stripperiffic outfits.
— Anonymous Stripperiffic Angel Who is Presumably Arodius.
This game contains examples of:
- Dark Action Girl: The mummy-girl boss.
- Fridge Logic: Why in the blue hell is an Angel in stripper armor wielding two swords to fight against several mythology-based bosses when she can just shoot beams of energy?
- Gainaxing: After removing about two or three layers of armor for every boss (except for 3 and 4, with 4 being because the boss has very big...um...mammaries.)
- Gratuitous English: Considering the game's synopsis is better written than the character's lines, there really is no excuse...espescially if the game's creators are English speakers.
- Never Trust a Trailer: The screen shot at the bottom shows a near-naked defeated boss saying her sisters will get revenge on the main character...they neglected to mention that you can see this only on Nightmare Mode. So if you spent a good deal of time on easy, well...use your imagination.
- Nintendo Hard: Easy mode is a challenge enough...Nightmare mode has swarms of monsters flying at you at speeds you can't even match, and when you shoot at them, you slow down. Huh.
- Side Boob: Considering the game's 2D, you may wonder how it managed to achieve that. Level 2 boss, ladies and gents.
- Stripperific: And HOW. You know when your opponent is about to be defeated by how much armor they wear, where one boss has to use a hand bra just to cover up while still swinging a sword! And even before you start dishing damage to them, some bosses still will show some thigh before the armor starts to fall apart.
- Also, if your character is defeated, a short screen shows with her sitting flat on the ground, blushing, with some armor removed.
- The Computer Is a Cheating Bastard: Imagine this scenario. The Japan based level 4 contains a Ninja boss. She's so bouncy that it shows through her armor at full health. Now then, also imagine that there are 10 rounds of enemies with several mini-bosses on the penultimate round. Now, imagine that a certain type of these enemies is extremely fast...and now, imagine that the character's speed will noticeably lag whenever multiple enemies appear onscreen. Now then, cue round 10, where your character will LAG TO THE EXTREME while every other monster is flying towards you at an extremely fast speed. Yeah, you will most likely not survive. And if you do, have fun with the boss fight that immediately follows.
- Under Boobs
- Underwear of Power: Every. Single. Boss. Yes, including number 3.
- Vapor Wear: In fact, you can see her shoulders through her shoulder pads.