Tropers / Fellfromfiction
has dark hair, an English accent and is a writer. His real name is Michael. If you're looking for him online, he will be on Twitter
. His debut novel is out this year.
Examples that apply to this troper:
- The Alcoholic (sort of)
- The Alleged Car (three of them)
- Alone Among the Couples: generally is the only person in his social circle to be single
- Amicable Exes: only a couple of them, and in one case, it involved not speaking for two years
- Animals Hate Him
- Apologises a Lot
- Arc Number: 17
- Berserk Button: Twilight, Dan Brown, prejudice and being tickled. Justin Bieber is getting the same reaction with increasing frequency.
- Bi the Way
- Bookworm (mostly contempory work, showing disdain for most classics and utter hate for the Twilight series)
- Born in the Wrong Century: Michael has very poor knowledge of recent movies and music.
- Butt Monkey
- Can't Hold His Liquor
- Character Alignment: Lawful Evil, probably
- Chekhov's Skill: muscle memory for trivia
- Constantly Curious
- Deadpan Snarker: has a habit of not changing his tone much when speaking, so it's not always possible to tell if he's actually serious or angry, or just joking
- Drink Order: Michael may be the only person in the south east of England who drinks Cointreau. Even barmaids don't hide their horror.
- Face Palm
- Fan Boy for Agatha Christie, Harry Potter and Doctor Who
- Fatal Flaw: melodramatic and lazy
- Friend to Bugs: Whenever playing Pokemon, Michael has a particular fondness for Bug-types.
- Generation Y
- Green-Eyed Monster
- Green Eyes
- Insufferable Genius: annoys people because he seems to know something about everything, but this knowledge, even he admits, his wide but never very deep.
- Jerkass Fašade
- Knowledge Broker
- Loophole Abuse
- Never Accepted in His Hometown
- Nice Shoes: owns around 30 pairs of shoes and boots. While most are black, brown or grey, he also has shoes in yellow, blue, white, red, pink, purple and orange. Some are also slightly more unusual in their appearance, such as a pair of boots made of the same material as the guardsmen of Buckingham Palace's uniform.
- Real Men Wear Pink
- Reasonable Authority Figure: is an incredibly lax manager, but lets his staff know that it's a rarity and they won't get off so easily anywhere else.
- Someday This Will Come in Handy
- Unreliable Narrator