Some works I like, in (more or less) order of preference
- Whatever Sir Terry Pratchett writes
- Doctor Who
- Star Trek
- De cape et de crocs
- Whatever P. G. Wodehouse writes
- Starcraft, The Witcher, Bioshock...
- Lots of old-school franco-belgian comics: Astérix, Tintin, Blake and Mortimer, Spirou and Fantasio...
- Whatever Neil Gaiman writes or scripts
- Too many superhero comics to list and the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Lots of cartoons that are probably intended for kids or teenage whippersnappers, but since I don't have any children I watch them in English and pretend it's for improving my grasp of the language: the DCAU and other DC-related cartoons, some Marvel cartoons, whatever Greg Weisman took part in, The Incredibles, stuff on Cartoon Network (less so in recent years), and whatever is on when I'm bored. note
- Girl Genius, The Order of the Stick, Phd Comics, Sluggy Freelance, and others.
- The Beatles, Depeche Mode, Ladytron, and whatever mindless beat I fancy.
- Lot of other stuff I'm forgetting right now and that will come back to me later. Probably.
Some tropes that apply to me
- Guilty Pleasure: Cf Periphery Demographic below. note
- Obsessed with Food: I'm a French, I can't help it.
- Periphery Demographic: I probably watch and like far too many cartoons and comics that are aimed at people a third or a quarter my age. Or of the opposite gender.
- Self-Deprecation: I like to say "first!" when it comes to badmouthing me.