I'm an elderly (by Internet standards, being born in 1976 makes you this) French male geek, with either too much time on my hands or not enough focus to find something to invest me into. Anyway, this makes me spending more and more time here so I better be creating some semblance of a troper page.
I like humour, science fiction, British culture (Joan of Arc is probably rolling in her grave), and talking about myself on the Internet (who does not ?). I'm also supposed to be working as a post-doc in computer science (just check Phd Comics
to understand what this means).
I never created a page here (apart from this one) because I'm that lazy and unsure of my English. I occasionnally add badly formatted natter and potholes
to other pages though.
Some works I like, in (more or less) order of preference
- Whatever Sir Terry Pratchett writes
- Doctor Who
- Star Trek
- De cape et de crocs (that's where my current avatar comes from)
- Whatever P. G. Wodehouse writes
- Starcraft, The Witcher, Bioshock...
- Lots of old-school franco-belgian comics: Astérix, Tintin, Blake and Mortimer, Spirou and Fantasio...
- Whatever Neil Gaiman writes or scripts
- Too many superhero comics to list
- The Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Lots of cartoons that are probably intended for kids or teenage whippersnappers, but since I don't have any children I watch them in English and pretend it's for improving my grasp of the language: the Franchise/DCAU and other DC-related cartoons, some Marvel cartoons, whatever Greg Weisman took part in, The Incredibles, stuff on Cartoon Network (less so in recent years), and whatever is on when I'm bored. note
- Girl Genius, The Order of the Stick, Phd Comics, Sluggy Freelance, and others.
- The Beatles, Depeche Mode, Ladytron, and whatever mindless beat I fancy.
- Lot of other stuff I'm forgetting right now and that will come back to me later. Probably.