Trivia: Zero Dark Thirty
- Actor Allusion: This is Stephen Dillane's third gig as a government official. He was also the CIA Deputy Director, but his most famous position was that of Master of Ships.
- Approval of God: In an interview with Esquire Magazine, the purported then-anonymous shooternote of Bin Laden had complaints about several technical details of the raid but praised the film for its depiction of Maya, saying it showed her as the tough lady that she really is.
- Banned in China: The Pakistani government is not happy about their portrayal in this movie. Officially, no one in the country has seen it.
- Beam Me Up, Scotty!: Some have quoted Maya as saying "I'm the motherfucker who found Bin Laden" when she instead says "I'm the motherfucker who found this place".
- Dueling Movies: With Seal Team Six: The Raid on Osama Bin Laden, made for The National Geographic channel.
- Fake American: Joel Edgerton (Patrick) and Jason Clarke (Dan) are Australians playing Americans. Clarke in particular does a flawless accent. Mark Strong (British) and John Barrowman (Scottish born but American-raised) also play CIA Agents.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Celia Foote, Tommy Caffee, Lord Blackwood, Andy Dwyer, aka Burt Macklin, FBI, Tony Soprano, Captain Jack Harkness, Stannis Baratheon, Betty Draper's second husband, Jackson Lamb, Azazel, and Brendan Conlon are all looking for Osama bin Laden.
- Real-Life Relative: Joel Edgerton's brother, Nash, plays another member of SEAL Team Six.
- What Might Have Been: