Trivia / The Sky Tides
Before we get anything else out of the way, I know what you're probably here for. Final PC body count:
- Maes Hughes: Killed by Diego's Razor Floss, which was then used to string him from the mast of the Way. This death was later retconned, but its status (as the Dead Serious marker, being the first PC death), the effects it had already had on the plot, and the fact that he didn't do much after being re-apped by a different mun until he was dropped again make the retcon dubiously canonical.
- Kristoph Gavin: Sentenced to death for something he actually didn't do, taking the fall for vK. His fate was left ambiguous in case somebody else apped him, but was finally confirmed by Word of God after the game was over.
- Low Key Lyesmith/Loki: In a last-ditch effort to win, he was confronted by Sam and defeated with his Dangerous Forbidden Technique. Dubious Word of God says that he was or will be reincarnated into another canon's interpretation of the Public-Domain Character.
- Sam Linnfer/Lucifer: Not dead, but lost his mind as a result of a Dangerous Forbidden Technique, making the Sam we know and love only one easily-silenced voice among many. Word of God is that he'll never recover.
- Optimus Prime: Defeated holding off King Bradley, left for dead. Died onscreen (as it were) when members of his crew came back to get him.
- King Bradley: Fought to the death with Hollow Ichigo.
- Dinobot: Fought to the death with Hollow Ichigo.
- Kiryuu Kaoru: Defeated and left for dead by Void. Later recovered, only to die in an infirmary bed in the Playable Epilogue. Because of copious unintended foreshadowing before she died, she now haunts Serenity.
Now on to the rest of the trivia.
- Actor Allusion: Lots of jokes about this will sneak in. For example, Nena Trinity using the alias Rie Kugimiya and Sara Werec using the alias Ayako Kawasumi, Hijikata Toshirou and Date Masamune having a rivalry, Leo assisting with cooking contests...
- Hijikata Toshirou also loses an eye at the end of the game, now joining the ranks of the other one-eyed swordsmen.
- In the same vein, mun allusions. Joshua once mentions "ninja octopi" in jest, referencing Ten's AIM username; at the time, the game's AIM chat was still very much active.
- Awesome, Dear Boy: Lots of people, especially the initial cast, apped for this.
- Dueling Games: Marshmallow Mateys was, early on, compared to TST because they had player-run ships instead of mod-run... even though the games were nothing alike (one was a plot-heavy steampunk adventure AU and one was a jamjar based on One Piece). After TST proved that mod-run ships were much better for what it was trying to do (and the other game died a slow death), this diminished.
- Fan Nickname: Too many to list, but...
- Ships: Ammy (Amestris), AmTetris (same), Firetruck (Fiertia), Silvy (Silvana), Vicky (Victoria II). A number of names were suggested for Serenity, but none of them stuck.
- Player Characters: Moose (Beat), Rou (Hijikata Toshirou), Tsunicorn (Leo), vK (Manfred von Karma), von Karmasaurus Perfex (same), Watanoodle (Watanuki Kimihiro), Zou (Hijikata Toshizou)
- NPCs: There's a whole series of mooks who have received names. It started with Guard-kun and moved to his compatriots: Mage-kun, Servant-kun...
- Pairings (game-canon and not): Lungshipping (Toshizou/Souji), Proxyshipping (Neku/Roxas), Team Yuribait (Nena/Sara), Bentoshipping (Watanuki/Ichigo)
- Places: Crapmork (Kropmork), Kinkston (one-off town Jinkston), Silent Antrim (Antrim, naturally, though it's also the official name for the plot that took place in Antrim)
- Keep Circulating The Passwords To Retired RP Journals From People Who Dropped And Locked All Their Entries: Don't some of us wish we could...
- Lying Creator: Hi, mods. All of you. Most everyone else, too.
- Missing Episode: Some characters, upon dropping, deleted or screened their TST-related posts. This is a terrible and lamentable occasion for those who like to read over their old threads and logs, which is nearly everyone.
- The Pete Best: Some of the most well-known and well-loved characters were not the game's first version of them.