Trivia: The People Vs Larry Flynt
- As Himself: A doctor and a bodyguard who took care of Flynt in real life do the same on-screen here.
- Creator Cameo: Flynt himself plays a judge. The screenwriters also have brief appearances.
- Dawson Casting: Courtney Love was 32 when she played Althea. The real Althea was sixteen (the age of consent in Ohio) when she started at Larry's strip club; Larry can tell she is "not legal" and she says she's but a centimeter from legal age - as in, the very next day was her 16th birthday, and she auditioned while she still was underage just to amuse herself.
- Irony as She Is Cast: James Carville, a well-known liberal Democrat in Real Life, plays Simon Leis, the Ohio prosecutor who first charged Larry with obscenity.
- Real-Life Relative: Brett Harrelson, Woody's brother, played Larry Flynt's brother Jimmy.
- What Could Have Been: Larry's satiric Presidential campaign in 1984 was left out of the movie, since the writers believed that focusing on Larry's feud with Jerry Falwell, culminating in his victory at the Supreme Court, was a better way to make the film's points.