Trivia: Sonic Chronicles
- Dummied Out: Farfinkle, one of the viral Chao, cannot be unlocked in the Japanese version of the game. This involves a Game-Breaking Bug with it's special ability to inflict a random status effect.
- Franchise Killer: The game not performing up to the expectations critics and fans had levied on it and Ken Penders coming after EA, who bought the developer of the game, Bioware, full-force after its take on a Sonic universe convinced him that no one else could work Expies of his characters turned Sonic Chronicles into this for both the game franchise and the Archie comic.
- Stillborn Franchise: The game was not well received enough to get work on a sequel going at a Sonic-level speed, and when Penders rose up in 2010, it put the kibosh on the plans for the RPG series
- Vapor Ware: The sequel. That is, assuming it's still in the works.
- Screwed by the Lawyers: It's probably being held up due to the case against EA and Ken Penders, who went after them after being pointed out that the Dark Brotherhood were Expies of his Dark Legion from Archie Comics' Sonic the Hedgehog. Which started off his rampaging litigation into taking control back of virtually every character he created for the series.
- What's worse, Bioware seems to have completely shut down any and all handheld development that isn't part of their Jade Empire series (which also seems to be Vapor Ware after four years of no updates).