Trivia: Pokémon Adventures
aka: Pokemon Special
- Attention Deficit Creator Disorder: Pokemon Adventures has the dubious honor of allowing its creator to suffer this on its own due to its extremely complicated magazine release.
- Big Name Fan: Coronis, as for a long while he was literally the only source of information for Englsih-speaking fans of what was currently going on in the series.
- Creator-Preferred Adaptation: Satoshi Tajiri, the creator of Pokémon, once stated that the manga most resembles the world that he was trying to convey. It's a long outdated quote though, and may not hold true post Generation II (and Tajiri isn't even in charge of the franchise past then anyway, Junichi Masuda is).
- Fandom Nod: Platinum's birthday is October 27th (27/10)...which happens to be the Japanese ship name for Cyrus/Dawn. Um, okay...
- Fan Nickname:
- The manga itself tends to be affectionately abbreviated as "PokéSpe" or "PokéSupe" in both Japanese and English.
- Crystal's mom is Lady Gaga due to her bizarre outfits.
- Lady Berlitz has half of the fans calling her Platinum, while the other half calls her Platina.note
- I Knew It: The collective fan reaction to Silver being Giovanni's son, and officially video game canon when HeartGold and SoulSilver came out.
- No Export for You: For years, nothing past the Generation I chapters were available in the US. Viz has since picked up the slack by continuing into Gen II and starting new series for Gens IV and V, but left Gen III hanging for a long time until they finally translated it as well.
- One of Us:
- What Could Have Been:
- Wally was initially intended to be the holder of third Hoenn Pokedex; in the original magazine run, he registered the Pokedex he accidentally came across. However, this was changed in the official volume release (where Wally simply picked it up and eventually returned it to Professor Birch), as the writer realized that Wally's character wouldn't have fit into the Battle Frontier, necessitating the creation of Emerald.
- The round known as Escape! was not intended to be included in the volumes (meaning it could have ended up a Missing Episode), but enough fans begged Kusaka to change his mind.
- The writer for this series, Hidenori Kusaka, acted as an adviser for Miho Asada's Phantom Thief Pokémon 7, also coming up with the name for the main character Hiori.
- Hidenori Kusaka and Satoshi Yamamoto worked on short manga for the first two Pokemon Ranger games, said manga only being available online. Kusaka also wrote walk-through manga for the Orre based games, though it was never collected into volume format.