Trivia: Plumbers Don't Wear Ties
- Acting for Two: Jane's father and the first narrator are both played by the same guy.
- Colbert Bump: The Angry Video Game Nerd's review is probably the most publicity this thing ever got.
- Creator Killer: IGN cited Plumbers Don't Wear Ties as the prime example of why the 3DO failed: By convincing the public that the system had low-budget, poor quality games that did not justify the console's $700 price tag.
- Such was also the case for "Kirin Entertainment".
- No Budget: Absolutely none.
- Old Shame: The actress who 'played' Jane, Jeanne Basone, posted on GameFAQs, mentioning she only did the part as a favour for her friend. While she didn't remember too much about it, she did understand how bad it was upon watching it herself.
"yes I am aware and I have been getting several emails, it was so long ago, kinda funny and lame at the same time, I have to laugh at all of us, helping our friend Michael out at the time. never thought it would ever see daylight, if you know what I mean..."
- Throw It In: In the 'moving' climax, the actor flubs his line, and the crew falls about laughing (which is in itself sad; it wasn't even funny). They don't bother editing this out at all.
- What Could Have Been: Originally, the "game" was supposed to be shot in live action, but due to technical reasons, it had to be reduced to a selection of still images.