Trivia: Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero
- Fan Nickname:
- Some fans call the God of Earth as "Ohona", though it's unknown where the name came from, or "Chijin", the name of the Japanese god of earth.
- For the same reasons as above, "Kumari" or "Suijin" for the Water God. Due to one fan-made sprite comic, he's also occasionally called O'Shin.
- "Hinoka" or "Kajin" for the Fire God.
- Hey, It's That Guy!:
- John Turk is Sub-Zero's performer here and in 3. In that game, he also performed: *deep breath* Shang Tsung and all of the masked ninjas (thanks to palette swapping).
- Sal Divita, who performed in 3 as Nightwolf, Sektor, Cyrax and Smoke, plays Scorpion.
- Richard Divizio, Kano's and Kabal's performer in 3, plays Quan Chi and Shang Tsung.
- Lia Montelongo, Sindel's performer in 3, plays Sareena.
- Tony Marquez, Kung Lao's performer in 3, plays Fujin.
- Brian Glynn, Shao Kahn's performer in 2 and 3, plays the Water God.
- Kerri Hoskins, Sonya's performer in the Mortal Kombat 3 games, plays Kia.
- What Could Have Been:
Sub-Zero: "Grandmaster, in failing my mission, I have dishonored the Lin Kuei."Grandmaster: "An unfortunate event. Your incompetence will cost our clan dearly. Now, you will pay with your life!"
- On at least three occasions did Sareena not make the final roster cut: 4 (Fujin took her place), Deadly Alliance (she did make it into the Tournament Edition for GBA, but her moveset borrowed from characters not present in the game), and Deception.
- Sareena's beta name was Eia.
- Deception features one unlockable movie depicting a scene cut from the original game where Sub-Zero returns to the Lin Kuei temple, having failed his mission. The Grandmaster promptly executes him as a result. The animation for Sub-Zero writhing in pain was instead used for him teleporting to different areas of the Temple of Elements.