- Accidentally Accurate: At the start of Rayman Origins, Josh and Super Jeenius nickname the game "Rayman Oranges" after Josh slurs the pronunciation. Then the opening cutscene features Rayman...eating oranges, and orange slices are a recurring enemy in the game. They repeatedly point out how strangely appropriate the spur-of-the-moment joke becomes.
- Colbert Bump: He's Josh Jepson, but how many of us knew that already before The Runaway Guys' New Super Mario Bros. Wii LP? ...Not very many.
- Creator Backlash: According to Chuggaaconroy during a Runaway Guys video, Josh hates it when other people use "It's not supposed to go at an angle." Yet he still insists on using it in his own projects.
- Development Hell: He talked about LP'ing Super Mario Galaxy as one of his first LPs after he rebooted his channel, following Banjo-Kazooie. In the end, Josh went straight on to the sequel Banjo-Tooie instead, and then ended up not doing Super Mario Galaxy until three years later.
- And he originally discussed LP'ing the original Galaxy mainly just as a precursor to going straight into Galaxy 2, which he then proceeded to do nearly a year after he finally did Galaxy.
- He finished the main story of Fallout 3 in January of 2014, and earlier had said many times he wanted to do the Broken Steel add-on, along with the other two DLCs he had yet to play. But he didn't continue until February of 2015.