Trivia: Cop Land
- Doing It for the Art: A big deal was made in the press about Stallone working for scale in this movie. The fact that he had just been paid $20 million to star in Judge Dredd probably made this decision easier.
- Dyeing for Your Art: Stallone lost much of his musculature and gained a lot of blubber for the role as the small town sheriff.
- Hey, It's That Guy/Girl!: The T-1000 is Ray's right-hand man.
- Playing Against Type: Stallone convincingly plays a conflicted sheriff with emotional depth, and even has a different physique in this film than that for which he is known.
- Retroactive Recognition:
- Edie Falco, who many probably recognize now as either Carmella or Nurse Jackie.
- John Spencer always seems to be somewhere in the background of plots involving law enforcement or the military.
- The PDA president's aide is Assistant Commissioner Rawls.
- Half the supporting cast of The Sopranos show up in bit parts. Paulie Walnuts is a mob boss, Phil Leotardo is the president of the patrolman's union, Gloria Trillo is Freddie's high school crush, Carlo Gervasi and Artie Bucco are cops, Beansie Gaeta is a carnival game operator, and Agent Cubitoso is the Mayor of New York.