Trivia: Blood Diamond
- Award Category Fraud: Djimon Hounsou was nominated for Best Supporting Actor while Leonardo DiCaprio was nominated as Lead, despite the fact that the entire story revolves around the former's quest to rescue his son.
- Fake Nationality:
- Danny Archer is a South African with a Rhodesian accent played by American Leonardo DiCaprio.
- Djimon Hounsou is of both Beninese and American nationality and plays a Sierra Leonean fisherman.
- Captain Poison is played by British actor David Harewood.
- Averted with Arnold Vosloo who, for once, plays a South African character, and Jennifer Connelly who is even from New York like her character.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Jack from Titanic (1997) is Danny, his boss is Imhotep, his contact in the diamond company is Tony Blair from The Queen, Sarah from Labyrinth is Maddy, and the dad from 7th Heaven appears at the beginning and end of the film.
- Or, if you prefer, Cobb has given up the dream infiltration business and is chasing diamonds with a distant relative of one the Amistad slaves. The wife of a famous mathematician is writing a story about them (although she doesn't appear to have aged much since the 1960s), the story involves Sir David Frost... or is it Brian Clough?
- Hard to spot behind the grey hair and moustache, but Andrew Steyn, the good-natured and clumsy-around-women zoologist, apparently changed his career - and moral alignment - and became a diamond baron.