YMMV: Blood Diamond
- Awesome Moments: Danny and Solomon need to cross a bridge at one point. With the right gun skills and a cap, they get past the guards quite effectively.
- Homegrown Hero: It's about a Rhodesian and a Sierra Leonese surviving the Sierra Leone Civil War... with the obligatory bystander/love interest being an American journalist.
- Nightmare Fuel: Every scene.
- 'You risk my life like that again... and I'll peel your face back off your head.'
- Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped: The stuff about diamond mines being run by slave labor because the diamond industry really doesn't care how many puppies are raped in the name of profits? Actually mostly true.
- Fun fact: Supposedly, De Beers diamond company, suspected (though unproven) of making a deal with Executive Outcomes during the conflict, had their sales drop after the film's plot was made public.
- It also emphasizes that even people who have engaged in evil have the potential to consciously choose good and redeem themselves. This is shown in the film through a real-life home for former child soldiers which, through kind treatment, gives them a chance at a normal life.
- Special Effects Failure: Jennifer Connelly's character had a tear digitally added to her face when Danny calls her cell phone as he's about to die. In a movie filled with plenty of real tears (probably including some from the audience) the fact that this one is fake is really obvious.
- There's also one during the firefight where the press convoy is attacked. The van Danny and co. escape in gets its rear window shattered out by bullets, but the front window remains completely intact.