Trivia page for the TV series Band of Brothers
- Actor-Shared Background: Colonel Robert F. Sink's actor, Captain Dale Dye, is a retired US Marine who fought in the Vietnam war.
- Ron Livingston is a Yale graduate just like his character, Captain Nixon.
- Cast the Expert: Dale Dye is an actual ex-military man who specializes in training actors for war movies.
- Dawson Casting: Several early-20s characters are played by actors in their early-to-mid 30s (e.g., Bull Randleman, Blithe, Buck Compton, John Martin, Guarnere). Col. Sink, in his late 30s, is played by Dale Dye in his late 50s. Most of the actors are older than their historical counterparts, many of whom turned 20 in 1942.
- Inverted for Liebgott. Historically, he is supposed to be older than most of the others in Easy Company (he was 32 by the time he was discharged at the end of the war), but he's played by a younger actor.
- The Dawson Casting even induces a bit of a Tear Jerker because some of the actors were older than the characters they played were when they died. It's also worth pointing out that war does age a person rather strongly.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Interestingly, most examples of this trope were in this show before they became famous for other roles, which makes this more Retroactive Recognition. From the top: