Trivia for the cartoon series:
- Actor Allusion: In one episode, Darryl refers to Wanda's aunt who does imitations of old Saturday Night Live characters, including Julia Sweeney's "Pat" character.
- Blooper: In Darryl's fantasy in "Rodney Moves In" a strap on Wanda's dress falls, then is back up in the next shot where it falls again.
- Development Hell: This adaptation took four years to produce.
- Executive Meddling: Extensively. It's been said it was a struggle to even keep the name Baby Blues. Either way, the end result was a show that bore more resemblance to the Simpsons then the actual comic strip it was based on, the creators said they "liked parts of it" but said it could've been much better.
- Exiled from Continuity: Time Warner's ownership of the show's new characters and subsequent refusal to license them to King Features is the reason they never appeared in the original strip.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: The animated series may never be released on DVD for two reasons: 1) It's not beloved enough for fans to demand a DVD release, and 2) The theme song is a real song ("It's All Been Done" by the Barenaked Ladies), which means it'll be edited to avoid paying licensing fees (like what happened with Married... with Children when they replaced Frank Sinatra's "Love and Marriage" with an upbeat, instrumental clone of that song).
- A random incidental character in a comic strip bears a resemblance to Carl Bitterman.
- Missing Episode: The show was cancelled with five episodes left unaired. They would eventually air two years later on Adult Swim.
- What Could Have Been: A second season was planned, but never made it to air. It's not known how far into production they were before being scrapped.