Trivia: A Prairie Home Companion
- All-Star Cast: Kevin Kline, Meryl Streep, Lily Tomlin, John C. Reilly, Woody Harrelson, Lindsay Lohan, Maya Rudolph, and Virginia Madsen.
- Defictionalization: Powdermilk Biscuit mix is sold at the Lake Wobegon store at the Mall of Americanote .
- Or at least it was, until the store closed in January 2009.
- Catchup Advisory Board approved ketchup is also sold on the website.
- Hey, It's That Voice!:
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: It's one of the few public radio shows not archived in its entirety online, due to music licensing issues. Comedy segments are available, however, and there are cassette and CD sets floating about.
- Reality Subtext:
"The death of an old man is not a tragedy."
- During the production of the film, Robert Altman's condition was fading and he announced that he had a pacemaker in his heart. For insurance purposes, Big Name Fan, Paul Thomas Anderson was an overseer who would step in as director if anything happened to Altman. As such, the film's themes of "death" can be seen as Altman's own reflection of his mortality.
- The fact that he died after production only adds to this.
- Throw It In: When Guy Noir pops the champange bottle, the person who he accidentally hit (offscreen) was director Robert Altman.
- What Could Have Been: