- Nicole having a final moment with her dad before he dies and reanimates as a zombie and is shot by Kenneth.
- Kenneth having no choice but to put down Andy after he turns into a zombie.
"I'm sorry, my brother..."
- Andy's entire ordeal, spending every day having to make sure the zombies don't get in his apartment, and trying to thin out the ranks with his massive supply of bullets only to find that the dead don't stop coming. And at the end, just as he's about to be rescued...
- The DVD Featurette makes it worse. Moments after Andy hangs up, he states he didn't want Ken to know how bad it was, and it's implied he knew he was done for.
- The end of the DVD feature "We Interrupt This Program," with the reporter completely shell-shocked after spending all day covering the zombie outbreak, and tearfully telling his wife he's coming home. Even worse, he's played by Richard Biggs in his final role before his untimely death.
- Michael admitting he was best at being a father. Becomes crossed with Adult Fear when you realize his kid(s) aren't with him.
- "You're going to kill my family?!"
- Even worse, the "family" includes Luda and her unborn child, who were both infected and now undead.
- Michael's death. Ana's reaction and the music make it worse.