- Scott has it bad in this move, the first time we see him he's sitting alone in his room sporting a Beard of Sorrow.
- When Logan of all people tries reaching out to him, Scott spitefully snaps at him in return.
- Finally, when he joyfully reunites with Jean at the lake and she calms his powers down so he can take off his glasses, she murders him in cold blood.
- The deaths of Xavier (although The Stinger reveals that he managed to transfer his mind to the man in a coma) and Jean.
- When Wolverine and Storm rush in to find the Professor's now empty chair, Storm cries, Wolverine actually howls in grief, and they just collapse together in front of his chair, sobbing.
- The funeral scene, and Storm's speech too, but the scene where he actually dies is just as hard.
- Magneto abandoning Mystique after she takes the cure dart meant for him.
- No love for Warren. Does a kid cutting off his own wings because he's afraid of what his dad would think of him not bring a tear in the room?
- When Logan finds Scott's glasses at the lake, he keeps them with him at all times until they're destroyed, possibly as a kind of Tragic Keepsake.
- Just five simple words.
"Jean, what happened to Scott?"
- Wolverine confessing his love for Jean right before mercy killing her.
Phoenix: (mocking) You would die for them?Wolverine: No. For you.