- The murder of Elora's mother once it's discovered her child had escaped, sure she died happy, but still...
- The music in the opening credits. Damn you, James Horner!
- The midwife sacrificing her life for a stranger's child. Simply because it was the right thing to do.
- Airk's death near the end of the film.
- When she was transformed into a possum decades ago, Raziel was a young, beautiful sorceress. When she's returned to human form, she's understandably saddened to find that the spell didn't return her to the state she was in. Back in human form, she's now an old woman, and you finally realize just how much of her life was wasted on that island.
Raziel: Has it been so long?
- Willow, having been beat senseless by soldiers at Tir Asleen, desperately runs after Elora....