- The Human Snowball moment.
- The entire scene at the crossroads where they meet Madmartigan; in fact most things Madmartigan says or does.
Willow: He doesn't know a thing about babies!Madmartigan: No. But I... know a lot of women who do.
Madmartigan: Ooh, I'm really scared. No! Don't! There's a- a peck here with an acorn pointed at me!
- And of course...
- Madmartigan Paper Thin Disguises himself as a woman to dodge an angry husband, only to catch the hulking oaf's eye (which is pretty darn chauvinist of him, considering he barged into the room in a jealous rage). Hilarity Ensues.
Lug: Wanna BREED?Madmartigan: Tempting, but... no.
- Pretty much any scene with the Prefect being the Butt-Monkey.
- Bavmorda's army and Madmartigan run away from the two-headed dragon. Madmartigan takes a breather then realizes he's with the army. He has a Oh, Crap! look on his face, and runs back inside.
The only successful tactic they might have used was a sneak attack on the heads, and no one but a foolhardy madman would conceive of such a thing. How fortunate, then, that Madmartigan was on the scene.
- What really sells it is that Sorsha also notices and gives him an exasperated What An Idiot look.
- Earlier, as said dragon emerges from the moat and Bavmorda's army backs off, Madmartigan thinks he has frightened them away... until he looks at the monstrous beast behind him.
- The roleplaying sourcebook's description of the dragon's defeat is classic:
- Willow has been trying to undo Raziel's Baleful Polymorph, but all he's been able to do is change the kind of Baleful Polymorph. Madmartigan has been elsewhere: he comes stumbling in, and Raziel's a goat.
Fin Raziel: Good work, Ma-a-admartigan.Madmartigan: What the hell happened to you?!
- The High Aldwin is freaking classic.
High Aldwin: Go in the direction the bird is flying!
Burgelcutt: It's going back to the village!
High Aldwin: Ignore the bird! Follow the river!
- Or this:
High Aldwin: "The BONES have SPOKEN!"
- Rool (one of the Brownies) gets hit with the Fairy Dust (aka Love Potion), and what's the first thing he sees? A cat. Hilarity Ensues.
Franjean: (to Madmartigan) Don't I knooow youuu? I stole the baby from you, Daikini! While you were taking a pee-pee!Rool: We'll never catch up with those horses!Franjean: Then we will have to track them.Rool: That would take forever. Besides, even if we find them, they'd only capture us, stick us in cages, torture us and finally devour us!Franjean: Are you suggesting we go home?Rool: Nah, this is more fun.
- In fact, the brownies are very effective Plucky Comic Relief throughout.
Rool: That's Raziel?Franjean: I don't know, I was expecting something a little more grand. A little less...Rool: Fuzzy.
- Or this gem on seeing Raziel (in possum form) for the first time.
Rool (asleep): Rats! Rats! Rats!Franjean (wakes up): Rats? Where? (Panics and then realizes what's happening) Oh, Rool! You and that stupid rat dream!
- Rool having a nightmare:
Franjean: Then we go that way (pointing), to the lake!Rool: (Taps Franjean on shoulder, then points a different direction) That way.Franjean: You are drunk, and when you are drunk, you forget I am in charge.Rool: (echoing) ... you are in charge. Fine! Then which way do we go?Both: ... (pointing in the direction Rool indicated) THAT WAY!
- Another one:
- A darkly funny moment with the Brownies, depending on your sense of humor; Bavmorda turns the heroes (except for Willow) into pigs. Willow exits his tent to see the army of pigs running around in a moment of despair, yes... but then we see two little piglets running around...
- This gem:
Sorsha: What are you staring at?Madmartigan: Your leg. I'd like to break it.
- Blink and you'll miss it, but at the very end of the movie when the brownies are saying good-bye to Willow, Rool takes off the mouse-skull helmet he'd been wearing for the whole movie to wave it in the air, revealing he is bald. The funny part comes when Franjean notices and does a stunned Double Take; apparently he had no idea!
- The scene where Willow and Madmartigan discuss whether or not it's a good idea to feed blackroot to a baby.
Madmartigan: *baby voice* "Did you see what he did?! He stole our blackroot!" *normal voice* "Don't worry, I'll find some more."
- There's a scene earlier where Madmartigan is making kissy faces at Elora Danan to try and charm Willow into letting him be a good father figure for her. In an amazing moment of serendipitynote , Elora makes a facial expression that basically screams, "Can you believe this guy?"
- Rool and Franjean's Facepalm when Madmartigan is distracted by a combination of Sorsha and the Dust of Broken Hearts.
- In fact, the entire scene in Sorsha's tent.
- Fin Raziel goes nuts in a Laughing Mad way when she briefly gets the upper hand against Bavmorda in their fight. It's so out-of-character for her that it turns hilarious.
- Fin Raziel's various Baleful Polymorphs due to Willow's incompetence in magic.