- The entire emotional ordeal (and dismal failure) for Melody at her own 12th birthday party.
- Ariel trying so hard to console Melody, but to no avail.
Melody [sobbing]: Mom, I'm the Princess of Disaster!
- This may be a YMMV Tear Jerker, but it's pretty sad to to hear about Morgana's unfavorite status with her own mother.
Morgana: (to the sky after besting Triton) See that, ma!? WHO'S YOUR FAVORITE NOW!?
- At the beginning, when Ariel decides it's best for Melody's safety to not know anything about the sea. Possibly more tearjerking is that keeping Melody ignorant is exactly what leads her into trouble. Imagine that as a parent: you do what you think is best for your child and your actions turn out to be more harmful than helpful.
- Ariel finding out Melody ran away.
- The image of Melody being changed back into a human while in the cave and nearly drowning as a result.