Tear Jerker: House of Cards (US)
Fair warning. Spoilers any current seasons may be unmarked. As Netflix releases the episodes for an entire season at one time, material from all episodes beginning to end is fair game.
open/close all folders
- Russo slowly breaking down at his laptop, while reading about all angry letters of the people who lost their jobs due to the closing of the shipyard.
- Russo's attempt at sobriety and faithfulness, inspired by Francis, being undone slowly during a conversation with Rachel, culminating in him giving in on both booze and lust after finally getting his life together and getting things right.
- Russo's daughter telling him she and her brother don't want to talk to him when he calls her while drunk.
- Russo's children asking whether Christina is coming back because they liked her.
- Underwood's words to a screaming, deranged homeless man trying to get into the congressional office building: "Nobody can hear you. Nobody cares about you. Nothing will come of this." It's the look of utter shock and despair the homeless man gives when Underwood's words sink in.