Tear Jerker: Hello! Project
- Graduations, the members (not just the one leaving) may provide examples of Cry Cute (maybe descending into Inelegant Blubbering) and The Woobie during the goodbye speeches.
- When Morning Musume won a JRA for Best New Artist but out of happiness
- Iida Kaori's announcement that her son had died as a result of renal failure at only six months old.
- The announcement that Tsunku was diagnosed with laryngeal cancer.
- Followed up by Tsunku making his first public appearance in almost a year at his alma mater's entrance ceremony and revealing he had his vocal cords removed.