Tear Jerker: Children of Men
- As the film climaxes, the British government and the refugees begin a full-scale war, but the fighting briefly comes to a halt when the fighting refugees and soldiers, for the first time in eighteen years, hear the sound of a crying baby. Full stop. All the soldiers and Fishes stop fighting. Total silence in the warzone as soldiers part to let the baby through, several of them dropping to their knees and making the sign of the cross. Once they're free of the building, someone fires a shot and fighting resumes in a viscerally realistic way.
- Also earlier in front of the same apartment building; the army shooting a group of civilians walking out with a white flag.
- Jasper's death.
- Julian's death and funeral.
- As Miriam is performing the rites, Theo steps behind a tree to smoke a cigarette. Before he can even light it, he breaks into quiet tears of despair. Clive Owen portrays it so realistically that it's hard not to cry with him.
- Miriam getting pulled off the bus in Bexhill... The whole entry into Bexhill scene can be this blurring into Nightmare Fuel, especially if you know your modern history.
- Luke holed up in the shelter facing off with British soldiers. His confession to Theo about how he remembered his beautiful baby sister. Said in a tone like he wondered how he ended up a Knight Templar with multiple bodycounts.
Luke: I had a sister...
- And at the end, fighter planes flying overhead, with fireballs over Bexhill...
- Jasper's poor wife, who is in a catatonic state because MI5 tortured her.
- Marishka leaving Theo and Kee in the boat only for everything to explode moments later.
- She was underground, though, so if she didn't immediately head back to the surface, there's a decent chance she survived. Unless the government came in afterwards to "mop up" the survivors, of course...