Heartwarming: Children of Men
- During the battle between rebels and government forces in the end when Theo rushes in to rescue Kee. As he's leading her out to the waiting boat, her baby starts to cry; a sound that hasn't been heard by anyone for 18 years. Both soldiers and rebels stop fighting and stand in stunned silence as Theo and Kee pass by with the baby. Some pray, some reach out to touch the baby. Through all the destruction, chaos and despair, hope shines through.
- Also a Crowning Moment of cinematography considering how long that continuous take was.
- Also, the leader of the soldiers calls for the rest of the troops to cease fire so Theo, Kee, and the baby can leave safely. Keep in mind that these were the same soldiers who shot refugees who were trying to peacefully surrender.
- Jasper telling Kee and Miriam about Theo and Julian's late son, Dylan.
- Not to mention the final scene in which Kee tells Theo that she'll name her daughter Dylan after his son. There was no greater act of gratitude she could have shown him.
- The final scene where Jasper (Michael Caine) says goodbye to his catatonic wife, reduced to that state through torture at the hands of the government. As he opens up a suicide kit for her, The Rolling Stones' song "Ruby Tuesday" plays in the background.
She would never say where she came from
Yesterday don't matter if it's gone
While the sun is bright
Or in the darkest night
No one knows
She comes and goes
Goodbye, ruby tuesday
Who could hang a name on you?
When you change with every new day
Still I'm gonna miss you...
- The movie's opening credits begin in silence. The final credits begin to the sounds of children laughing...
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.