- After Max walks out on the Suck E. Cheese's, Goofy says he just wants them to spend time together as father and son. Max more or less says he wants nothing to do with his dad, ever again. You can just feel poor Goofy's heart breaking...
Max: This is the stupidest vacation! You drive me from home, and jam me in this dumb car to drive me a million miles away TO SEE SOME STUPID RAT SHOW! (inhales) Call me when the trip's over.
- Much of the rest of the film contains them as well, but of the more positive variety.
- Goofy's line to Max near the end hits a little too close to home.
Max: I'm NOT your little boy anymore, Dad! I've grown up! I've got my own life now!Goofy: I know that! I just wanted to be part of it!Goofy: You're my son, Max. No matter how big you get... you'll always be my son.
- Max pounds the roof of the car on the word "not," eloquently conveying his frustration, and adding to the quality of the scene.
- The hug between Max and Goofy after Max saved his father from falling in the waterfall.
- Goofy's COMPLETELY destroyed expression when he discovers that Max changed the road map.
- The sequel has the scene where Max leaves and Goofy is feeling lonely. Bumped up even more when you see the dead-end production line job he has. And then you realise that this single father has been doing this lousy job for three years (the previous movie had him as a child photographer) and still coming home cheerful and loving towards his son, and it's bumped Up to Eleven. The worst part is when he walks around Max's now-empty room before sitting on the bed and hugging his son's old teddy bear, sobbing. Many parents will testify that yeah, it's exactly like that when your baby leaves the nest.
- Max's huge "The Reason You Suck" Speech to Goofy after the first X-Games challenge? It's pretty heart wrenching seeing Max tell off Goofy over something he doesn't know about, it add a huge punch where Max tells Goofy to "GET YOUR OWN LIFE!!" Which only causes Goofy to become depressed, fail an exam, and miss his date with Sylvia, who then is seriously angry at him for ditching her.