Tabletop Game / Star Wars Armada
Star Wars Armada
is a miniatures game by Fantasy Flight Games
based on Star Wars
and the capital ship battles therein, as well as the sister game to X-Wing Miniatures
. Focused on the Galactic Civil War from the Original Trilogy, the player takes command of either the Star Destroyers of the Galactic Empire or the ragtag fleet of the Rebel Alliance and does battle to claim command of space. Though the game was only recently released, several ships from the Star Wars Expanded Universe
are due to make appearances.
This game exhibits the following tropes:
- 2-D Space: As a tabletop game, this is obviously required.
- Asteroid Thicket: One type of obstacle for the game.
- The Battlestar: The Galactic Empire's Star Destroyers fit, as do the Mon Calamari Cruisers of the Rebel Alliance.
- Death of a Thousand Cuts: Larger ships can be taken down by swarms of fighters, albeit with difficulty.
- Fan Nickname: Many of the ones from the Star Wars universe carry over.
- "Jerkjerrod": Moff Jerjerrod from the Imperial Light Cruiser expansion pack in Wave 5, for his special ability of allowing friendly ships to maneuver more quickly... at the cost of damage. Jerk.
- Old School Dogfight: Small swarms of fighters can engage in this.
- Ramming Always Works: Ships can (purposely) fly into another ship. Dealing minor damage to the other ship and themselves.
- Standard Scifi Fleet: Two of them, at present.