- Sgt. Miles Henderson buys bullets from an AmmuNation store.
- Michael first convinces the minis to stop trying to kill each other by using Would You Kindly?
- The Swooping Hawks Exarch is named Al-Tair.
- Modern Warfare:
- The leader of the Imperial Scouts? Sergeant MacTavish.
- Modern Warfare 2 is given a shout when the 75th Ranger Regiment (the American forces in the game) is mentioned to be setting up for a gun-show soon.
- Again in Chapter 21, we have a classic: "Oi, Suzy!"
- The unapologetic and lampshaded use of massed Sentry Turrets.
Thank you, Infinity Ward.
- Troika pattern combi-chainguns.
- Many /tg/ and 4chan memes are given a Shout-Out, especially during Chapter 13.
- From the Christmas Omake:
It was hard to describe, as I think there are few words in the English language to describe the mishmash of bizarre materials and machinery before me. There might be one in Eldar, though. They're assholes like that.
- In the first Ordo Vermin omake, the extermination (vermin, not Exterminatus) company is lead by a man going by Buck, there's also a Dutch as one of his subordinates, and they both call Michael 'Rookie'. In addition, their company is called "Odd Street Exterminators." These characters premiered in the game "Halo 3: ODST," the acronym is the first two letters of the company name.
- Someone on the vox has the callsign 'Spartan', and hails from the Cadian's 117th regiment.
- In Chapter 29, Inquisitor Danilov and the Grey Knights were on a curious ring-like structure, ten thousand kilometers in diameter. Those dimensions are canonical.
- There's also Brother-Sergeant Jorj, a Devastator Marine (AKA the heavy weapons specialist).
- The Incredible Hulk is given one in the second Ordo Vermin omake.
- In chapter 20, Vincent has a quick shout out to The Dresden Files:
"I shall feast on thy soul!"
"Its THINE, ya stupid bastard!"
- A combined BioShock and Half-Life shout out when Vincent is deliberating which tool he should use for a weapon: He pulls out a crowbar and a Stillson wrench, the melee weapon of choice for Gordon Freeman and Jack, respectively.
- Taken even further that he had gotten the wrench from a hardware store called 'Ryan and Son'.
- 'Fountain Street' which sounds similar to 'Fontaine Street'
- In a Shout-Out to both Final Fantasy and Ciaphas Cain (who used the description for a Red Mage for a Mechanicus Adept), two of the Zara personalities have descriptions matching up to that with a Black Mage and a White Mage. The 'musician' also has a close description to that of Ragnarok Online's Dancer class.
- Continuing the Ciaphas Cain references:
- Chapter 22 has a blink-and-you'll-miss-it reference to the Valhallan 597th in Ishabeth's memories.
- Cain himself may have been referred to here: isn't Chain-Blade a suitable callsign for a particular Commissar that favors chainsword weapons? Not to mention gets lost (to the point of where 'Valkyria' admits that this is not the first time they've lost contact with him) and loves his tanna tea.
- Throughout ch. 22, The Sorcerer constantly quotes Darth Vader almost word for word, and they are all in context. Notably "I find your lack of faith...disturbing" and "The Warp is strong with this one."
- Michael quotes Jack Sparrow's "I might've deserved that" after being slapped by Zara.
- MC Hammer is given many a classic shout out in Chapter 23, which is titled "Hammer Time" and goes with it from there.
"Can't touch this." STAB
- The Rose uses a rose-petal-whirlwind type attack that is very similar to Byakuya Kuchiki's bankai.
- The especially appropriate opening quote for Chapter 25; "I refuse your reality, and substitute my own."
- Chapter 27 opens with a Land Raider using its turn signals to act as an impromptu alarm clock.
- Chapter 28 features several nods to the Neon Genesis Evangelion fic Nobody Dies
- Vincent is terrified of the impending arrival of Michael's sister Jane because she reminds him of the Ree.
- Jane uses Terrifying!Rei's trademark "Hee~ey!", and she also uses the Rei & the Ree's "[...] and stuff." speech tic once.
- Zara uses the Unusual Euphemism "flurgen".
- One of the Apothecaries is named Eyugeen Rho. Easier to spot if you say it out loud.
- Zara introduces herself to Jane:
- Team Fortress 2:
- In Chapter 29, Michael describes the maxim of any professional soldier as "plan to kill everyone you meet".
- Michael meets an Expy of the Heavy in Chapter 30.
- Chapter 10 leads Vincent to say Michael's head is a black hole. The response to that?
- Three Grey Knights are named after The Three Musketeers.
- Two imperial Psykers are named Elrick and Alphonse.
- The Farseer Days: Frustration interlude ends with Michael entering the Eldar-inhabited bathroom of his house with a particularly boisterous greeting:
Michael: "GOOD MORNING ELDAR!"
- Michael's soul is an AT field, at least when fighting off psychic attacks.
- The mindscape of the Grey Knights is a wasteland filled with every weapon they've ever seen.