Shout Out / Consolers
As expected from a series like this, Consolers
is filled with references to various series, games or otherwise, and quotes and memes from gaming culture. Alt Text
, when used, is often this.
- Nintendo's hat looks like a mix of Mario's cap and Link's hat.
- Capcom's headband has a Yashichi.
- Konami's design is partially based of old Konami mascot Konami Man, with the winged helmet and blue clothes.
- One comic is named American Kirby is Angry Eyebrows.
- Ameritendo is in one comic shown wearing a shirt with a purple Pikmin, referencing certain Reggie-Fils Aime quote.
- Ameritendo: "We don't need a big conference to kick ass and take names!"
- When Nintendo starts claiming money from Youtube videos, she can't hear you over the printing of money.
- Sony is seen wearing pajamas with Playstation mascots Toro and Kuro.
- In "Namco Yakuza Funtimes", Namco has an Imagine Spot where he imagines himself as The King of All Cosmos.
- Third page of "A Rare Opportunity" uses the Bond Gun Barrel in one panel, with Rare holding a NES zapper.
- The Alt Text for "Weird Ice Cream", where Atari eats snake ice cream, is "Snake? Snake? SNAAAAAAAAKE!"
- The Alt Text for the first page of "The Contract" is "Contract? ／人◕ ‿‿ ◕人＼"
- And for the fourth page, we have "yo sony, i'm really happy for you and imma let you finish, but my console was one of the best consoles of all time"
- The audience in The Contract is seen posing similarily to the "Reaction Guys".
- The first panel in page 6 of "The Contract" shows Nintendo drawn in the infamous CD-i Zelda artstyle.
- The Alt Text for "Vital Mistakes" is "no matter how you look at it, it's mobile's fault my handheld isn't popular"
- One comic is named DoA: Xcuses.
- Tecmo will use "nuclear missiles over 100 times" as revenge, quoting an infamous Tomonobu Itagaki quote from a Dead or Alive interview.
- In the same comic, Namco is wearing a Katamari shirt.
- One of the strips in the Xbox arc is named "XBOX HUEG"
- When Microsoft shows off his console at GDC, he says "ONE. TRILLION. OPERATIONS. ...Wow.", similarly to the "one million troops" from Konami's 2010 E3 presentation.
- Microsoft's face at the end of "E3 Presentation" is similar to the "Totty" face from Osomatsu-San.
- Platinum: "Blocked."
- "You can't use iPads in 1997, you asshat!"
- Alt Text for "ContentID Scheme": "Somebody set us up the ContentID"