- Crack Is Cheaper: The Q&A presents this complaint to Sony over their new Walkman, which Sony, as fruitlessly as usual, tries to deny.
- Fandom Rivalry: Meta example, the characters butt heads in much the way that fans of the respective real-life companies butt heads.
- Fan Nickname:
- Nintendo: Ninko, Nin-nin, Ninty
- Sony: Sonny boy
- Capcom: Cappy
- Genius Bonus: All over the place for video game historians.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Hideo Kojima left Konami and named his new company Kojima Productions. In the comic so far has he been of the few human characters to appear, with the new company being named after him does it fit really well.
- Idiot Ball: The characters do tend to pick this one up frequently, particularly when some of the companiesí less-than-smart past decisions come into the story.
- Porting Disaster: Part of Atariís backstory, naturally.
- The Untwist: Namco's headphone-like ear covers... are actually headphones (at least, that's "one of their uses"...)
- The Woobie: Rare is a straightforward Woobie, given his backstory. Just let the poor guy make his games without Executive Meddling, Nintendo and Microsoft!
- Poor Atari. She just canít seem to shake the bad reputation E.T. placed on her. At least sheís nice enough to warn the rest of the world.
- Jerkass Woobie: She did get quite conceited in the years leading up to the crash, and was ultimately a victim of her own hubris. Doesn't make her fate any less tragic, though.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: Konami is female, but is commonly mistaken for a guy by readers.
YMMV / Consolers
This is the YMMV page for Consolers