Series: Table For 12
Table for Twelve is a Reality TV show on TLC about Eric and Betty Hayes, a New Jersey couple that gave birth to two pairs of twins and then sextuplets. This might sound like other shows on the network, but it is unique in some regards.The Hayes family face a challenge that is unique among the large families on TLC. One of the sextuplets, Rebecca, has cerebral palsy. The family agreed to launch the show partly to raise awareness of cerebral palsy and the challenges of raising a child with special needs.
This series provides examples of:
- Are We There Yet?
- Christmas Episode
- Daddy's Girl: Meghan. Gender Flipped with EJ.
- Deadpan Snarker: Half of the family.
- Episode Title Card: Season 2.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: "That wasn't your first time in the back of a car."
- Happily Married: Eric and Betty; Betty's parents.
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: Either very literal or a Pun-Based Title.
- I've Heard of That — What Is It?: Most of the sextuplets act this way when they learn that their family will be vacationing in Canada.
- Mama Bear: Lampshaded: Betty pulls Rebecca out of the dentist's chair after the girl starts choking: "What on Earth am I gonna do when she's 16 years old? 17 years old?"
- Opening Narration
- Potty Emergency
- Sibling Seniority Squabble: Kevin is 15 minutes older than Kyle, and likes that fact. They didn't know for years.
- Because of Rebecca's special needs, the other sextuplets tend to think that she's a baby.
- Snowed-In Complete with sledding!
- Swimming Pool
- Theme Twin Naming: Kevin and Kyle; Kieran and Meghan.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Rachael and Tara.
- Wounded Gazelle Gambit: Tara and Meghan end up doing this a bit.