Series: Ooh La La Couple
울랄라 부부 (Oh La La Couple / Ooh La La Couple / Ooh La La Spouses) is a 2012 Korean Drama about a troubled couple, Go Soo Nam and Na Yeo Ok. On the verge of divorce prompted by Go Soo Nam's infidelity, they suddenly find that they have switched bodies. Hilarity Ensues.
This drama provides examples of:
- Absence Makes the Heart Go Yonder: Hyun Woo/Yeo Ok
- Aside Glance
- Bratty Half-Pint: Soo Nam and Yeo Ok's son, Gi Chan
- Bratty Teenage Daughter: Il Ran is actually Soo Nam's younger sister/Yeo Ok's sister-in-law, but she comes off as this to Yeo Ok sometimes.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall
- The Cameo: There's at least one every episode.
- Casting Gag: In a previous life, Yeo Ok and Soo Nam lived during the Japanese occupation of Korea in the 1930s. Shin Hyun Joon (who plays Soo Nam) also plays one of the title characters in Gaksital, set in the 1930s.
- The production crew doesn't even hide the fact that they're re-using Gaksital sets for the 1930 scenes.
- Fate Drives Us Together: In this drama, Fate is embodied as an old man, who is furious that Soo Nam and Yeo Ok keep failing at Reincarnation Romance.
- "Freaky Friday" Flip
- Good Adultery, Bad Adultery: All the adultery in the series are bad, no doubt, but the choice comes down to what to do when you find out that your partner is cheating: forgive-and-forget or break off the relationship and move on with your life.
- Good Angel, Bad Angel
- Hilarity Ensues
- Housewife: Yeo Ok
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: Musan plays this character as a counterpart to Fate.
- Mirthless Laughter: Yeon Ok tends to do this when she's in shock, or overcome with emotion.
- The Mistress: Victoria
- Old Flame: Hyun Woo
- Red String of Fate
- Reincarnation Romance: Subverted. Na Yeo Ok and Go Soo Nam were, in their previous lives, a Japanese woman and a Korean man, who fell in love during the Japanese occupation of Korea in the 1930s. (That relationship doesn't end well.) The subversion of this trope comes from the fact that they're the reasons their relationships keep failing; however, they're still tied together by that red string.
- Sadist Show
- Shout-Out: Soo Nam has Victoria's name saved in his phone as Vic. However, phonetically in Korean, "Vic" (빅) is spelled the same as "Big" (another body-swap comedy).
- Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonist: Soo Nam
- Your Cheating Heart
- Lawyer Lee
- Soo Nam