Series / Oh Sit
A CW Game Show
that tried to be a modernized take on musical chairs. Contestants traversed a ring of obstacles around a pool while The F.O.S. Band (or in the third round, a guest musician) played, earning cash for each obstacle they get past.
When the music stopped, the contestants dropped everything and began racing over one of three bridge obstacles to reach the chairs on a platform in the middle. The contestant left without a chair is eliminated. Each chair is also a Mystery Box
with various cash values attached to them: whoever banks the least amount of money in the round is also eliminated. The last contestant standing-er, sitting-in the end wins, and that's about it.
- Bonus Space: The $5,000 chair ($10,000 in later rounds).
- Mystery Box: The cash values attached to each chair.
- Whammy: The $0 chair.
This series provides examples of:
- "Stand by for music!"
- "Sit happens..."
- "Don't push from the back when you're on the track."
- "Take a swim!" (Especially in the 2012 episodes.)
- Commercial Break Cliffhanger: Going into the eliminations leading into the final round. But at least they were honest about going to break.
- Deadpan Snarker: Everyone, especially Jamie Kennedy.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: The intent of the show seemed to also be seeing how many "sit"/"shit" puns they could get past the censors (Oh Sit!, the leaderboard being the "Sit List", etc.)
- Unfortunate Name: The contestant Crizam, whose name was pun fodder even for comments that had nothing to do with him.