Series: Off Centre
Short-lived sitcom running from 2001 to 2002, starring American Pie alumni Eddie Kaye Thomas and John Cho, along with Sean Maguire.
Provides examples of:
- Breaking Bad News Gently: Both Chau and Mike's girlfriend think it helps to end the bad news as though it was a question, and making your voice go high.
- The Casanova: Euan.
- Celebrity Paradox: There's an American Pie poster in Chau's resturant.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: Season two has this exchange early onEuan: That's TV, isn't it. They cancel shows that people love, and then shows that nobody sees, they leave on.beatMike: We should talk about something else.
- Several episodes later, it was canceled.
- Magnetic Girlfriend: This happens to Mike. It's actually lampshaded and later subverted when he then tries to cheat on his girlfriend. The girls that were all over him suddenly hate his guts.
- Nobody Poops: Averted; Euan walks in on his Girl of the Week in the bathroom to discover that she is "doing the bad one".
- Odd Couple
- Short Runners
- Tall Tale: Chau did this once about the story of Euan and Liz.
- This Is Wrong on So Many Levels: Some people are changing at a gym, and while the are naked, some guys get into a fight, dragging the main characters into it. One of them says the phrase.
- Trying Not to Cry: Played for Laughs with Chau saying he didn't want to cry, when Status hires his posse back.
- Unintentional Period Piece: Courtesy of several jokes referencing The War on Terror.
- Wacky Guy: Chau.