Off Centre is a short-lived sitcom running from 2001 to 2002, starring American Pie alumni Eddie Kaye Thomas and John Cho, along with Sean Maguire.The series was centered on the lives of two friends, British stud Euan Pierce (Maguire) and play-it-safe American Mike Platt (Thomas), after they move into the posh Hadley Building on New York's Centre Street. Rounding out the cast was their wacky friend, Vietnamese restaurant owner Chau Presley (Cho).
Provides examples of:
- Breaking Bad News Gently: Both Chau and Mike's girlfriend think it helps to end the bad news as though it was a question, and making your voice go high.
- The Casanova: Euan.
- Celebrity Paradox: There's an American Pie poster in Chau's resturant.
- Embarrassing Middle Name: Euan thinks that his middle name, Crispin, is "fruity".
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: Season two has this exchange early onEuan: That's TV, isn't it. They cancel shows that people love, and then shows that nobody sees, they leave on.
Mike: We should talk about something else. [Several episodes later, it was canceled.]
- Magnetic Girlfriend: This happens to Mike. It's actually lampshaded and later subverted when he then tries to cheat on his girlfriend. The girls that were all over him suddenly hate his guts.
- Nobody Poops: Averted; Euan walks in on his Girl of the Week in the bathroom to discover that she is "doing the bad one".
- Odd Couple: Euan and Mike; Euan is a British, very confident womanizer while Mike is a play-it-safe American.
- Tall Tale: Chau did this once about the story of Euan and Liz.
- This Is Wrong on So Many Levels: Some people are changing at a gym, and while the are naked, some guys get into a fight, dragging the main characters into it. One of them says the phrase.
- Trying Not to Cry: Played for Laughs with Chau saying he didn't want to cry, when Status hires his posse back.
- Wacky Guy: Chau.