Series / Bernard's Watch
Bernard Beasley is a boy who is late for everything. As a result a mysterious man gives him a watch which he can use to stop time
. Stuff happens. Often with a moral
A strangely soothing yet often surprisingly amusing programme. The earlier episodes, when Bernard was very young, were particularly like this as Bernard himself would have a relaxing day while people around him experienced the havoc he caused.
Bernard's Watch contains examples of:
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Lucy is frequently a cousin-variant to Bernard in Series 4.
- Bumbling Dad: Mr Beasley.
- Grenade Hot Potato: Played With. Bernard's Grandad is showing him some WW 2 antiques including a grenade pin, the rest of the grenade drops out of a coat so Bernard stops time, takes the grenade outside, drops it in the park, goes back home and restarts time so the grenade can explode safely.
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: Each episodehad the word "time" in the title
- Puppy Love: Bernard and Sam in Series 5. It is strongly implied that they get married later in life.
- Time Police: The Postman makes sure the watch's owner doesn't use it to commit crimes. He also ensures that time loops don't occur (such as when Bernard's cousin Lucy kept trying to rewind the watch).
- Time Stands Still: The premise of the series.