Series / Army Wives
Army Wives is a show on Lifetime about Army wives.(And one Army husband.
) It stars Drew Fuller, Catherine Bell, Kim Delaney, Sally Pressman, Brigid Brannagh, Sterling K. Brown, Brian McNamara, Wendy Davis, Katelyn Pippy, and Terry Serpico. The show started in 2007 and ended in 2013 after seven seasons. A two-hour special celebrating the series aired on March 16, 2014.
This show provides examples of:
- Attempted Rape: While alone with a male friend of her husband's, Claudia Joy is nearly raped by him. She escapes by beating him up, however.
- Bolivian Army Cliffhanger: The season one finale: A man walked into The Hump Bar and set off a bomb he had strapped to his chest.
- But I Can't Be Pregnant!: Ties in with...
- California Doubling: Averted. The show takes place in South Carolina, and is filmed there.
- Convenient Miscarriage: Not so for Roxy and Trevor, who were looking forward to their third child.
- Domestic Abuse: In the first season, Jeremy is abusing his mother, Denise. In season four, Denise helps a new friend get away from her abusive husband.
- Fatal Family Photo: Jeremy's friend, Mark in season 3.
- Fourth Date Marriage: Jeremy proposes to his girlfriend only weeks after meeting her. Roxy and Trevor married after only knowing each other for four days.
- Good People Have Good Sex: Trevor and Roxy. Shown or implied at least Once an Episode.
- Happily Married: Roxy and Trevor, Michael and Claudia Joy. Not so much for Denise and Frank and Pamela and Chase, although Denise and Frank have made up. Roland and Joan have also had problems, but they also made up.
- Insatiable Newlyweds: Trevor and Roxy.
- Ironic Echo: used in seasons three's episode, M.I.A.
- Ivy League for Everyone: Claudia Joy and Michael met at Harvard.
- Keep the Home Fires Burning: The entire concept of the show.
- Killed Off for Real: Jeremy, Claudia Joy
- Law of Inverse Fertility : Denise was told she couldn't have kids after son Jeremy's birth. Twenty years later, she learns she's pregnant.
- Lipstick Lesbian: Charlie in season six.
- Military Brat: Jeremy Sherwood (in the Army himself), TJ, Finn, Wyatt, and Drew Le Blanc, Katie and Lucas Moran, Sara Elizabeth Burton, David Burton, and Sophie Clark
- Platonic Life Partners: Denise and Roland
- Put on a Bus: Pamela in season six.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: Catherine Bell's pregnancy was written in during season four.
- Screaming Birth: Denise in the fourth season finale.
- Series Continuity Error: In a season two episode, Denise mentions brothers. In a season four episodes, two sisters show up. They're her only siblings.
- The One Guy: Roland is the "Army Husband" among Claudia Joy, Denise, Pam, and Roxy.
- Time Skip: The tenth episode of season four skipped ahead six months.
- Whole Episode Flashback: A season three episode flashes back to the main characters playing Army Wives in the '40s as the current versions of the past Army Wives are telling the story to the current ones.
- Your Cheating Heart: Denise cheats on Frank. She gets fired from her job at the hospital and Frank files for divorce. They get back together, though. Roland also cheated on wife Joan.
- Actor Allusion: Roxy and Trevor's twin boys are called Drew (Trevor is played by Drew Fuller) and Wyatt (The older brother to Drew Fuller's character Chris on Charmed)