Roleplay / War Of The Magical Girls
It is the year 2019. Four years ago mysterious creatures that have come to be known as Wisps
began appearing. Small, no bigger than a fist, their bodies were glowing and simply shaped whose only other feature were their beady little eyes. Floated freely in the air, they had the ability to appear and disappear at will, making capturing and studying them impossible. Seeing as they did not actively endanger anyone, people were content to let them be.
That was until they started crashing themselves into the heads of teen girls. Other then a small bruise and mild dizziness right after contact, the girls were unhurt, but then they started having dreams of warlords and military leaders, leading forces into battle on land, sea, or air. For reasons that were as unapparent as anything involving the Wisps, the creatures had imprinted the memories/spirit/essence/whatever-people-wanted-to-call-it onto these girls. The girls found that they could ‘transform’. A magical change in outfit (and possibly hair and eyes color) was the visible difference, but then there were the magical powers: Many could conjure up some sort of weapon, others could fly or even walk on water, and still more were the abilities unique to each girl.
These Magical Girls
, to use the best available term, had enough power on their own to take on numbers much greater than themselves and firepower that would leave a giant hole were a normal person would stand. That did not stop a number of them from disappearing – kidnapped, a few insisted.
For their own protection, and to better observe them, a special school was built off the coast of the United States. There the girls would receive a normal education as well as training to hone their abilities. For the past few years all has been well. There have been no more disappearances, and the girls have been progressing smoothly. All that is about to change however, with the sudden appearance of new mysterious and magical creatures, and unlike the Wisps, they have made their intentions known to be hostile to all humanity by attacking cities in large force. Soon the power of the magical girls and the wisdom of past warlords will be put to the test as they face off against the greatest threat of all time!
This Roleplay Provides Examples Of:
- Action Girl: The magical girls are here to kick ass and watch horror movies. And the TV is busted.
- Bond Creature: The Wisps grant the Magical Girls their powers based on old warlord after a slap to the face. Why is anyone's guess.
- Magical Girl Warrior: And trained by the military no less.
- Mini Dress Of Power: Several girls got the "girl" parts of their costumes emphasized more than the "warrior" part.
- Mooks: The various creatures the Drakan Magical Girls control are minions as disposable as rag dolls.
- Demonic Spiders: Golems are Small Arms mooks who constantly give the Melee Magical Girls a hard time. And on early levels they liked to attack in large groups.
- Airborne Mook: The Goddam Bats are so far the only flying enemies. They have longer range but are likely to go down after just a punch.
- Named After Somebody Famous: All of the girls share the same last name as famous warlords, which wound up working pretty well for them when they suddenly had that warlord's thoughts shoved into their heads.
- Next Sunday A.D.: The game is set in the year 2019, six years from its creation.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: The wisps, little floating ball things with eyes. 90% of the time they're just floating around and goofing off in a cute fashion.
- Spiritual Successor: To the defunct roleplaying game, Magical Girl No Civil War.