Role Play: WAOA High School AU
We Are Our Avatars, High School AU
Who Knows What Could Happen Next?! ...Well, nearly anything, really.
- The Current Unoffical Slogan for WAOA - High-School: Alternate Universe.
(full title ITT: We Are Our Avatars - High School: Alternate Universe
) is a Play By Post Forum Game
on the TV Tropes Forum
and a spin-off of the original We Are Our Avatars
Originally made because of several players interest from the original WAOA, a second topic was created. At the moment, it's still relatively new with nearly 11,000 posts but is steadily growing in size. At the moment, there's been no real 'arcs' or any real plot to follow so players can usually leap right in, provided they read the rules
and at least introduce themselves.
Obviously, this page is in dire need of Wiki Magic
and help in order to grow. Character Sheet
is up, but Crowning Moments of Funny
have also been added, as well as YMMV
Oh. And the obvious Tearjerker
page too. Still needs a lot of work though.
Current List of Faculty
- Joshua Luminate: Principal
- Sugar: Secretary to Principal
- Shepard : Vice Principle
- Sho: Advanced Mathematics
- Night of Wallachia: Drama
- Terry Bogard: English
- Glados : General Science
- George: Health
- Aeon: History
- Mordecai: History
- Miwa : Innate abilities (Specialized training)
- E.V.A. : Information Technology
- Daft Punk: Music
- Hawke : Physics and Selfdefence.
- Kane : Politics.
- The Doctor (5th Incarnation): Temporal Mechanics
- Oman and Felisita: Student Counseling
- Zaeed Massani : Security, Detention Overseer
- Saul Tigh: Security, Detention overseer.
- Renegade!Wrex : Janitor
This thread provides examples of...
- Accidental Pervert: Dave teleports using his handmade device, into Cirno's room as she's changing.(with Mitch there)
- This is not even the first time though, In fact the first time he uses the device he ends up in Umbra's dorm... while she is getting dressed.
- And Arcie... with Heiress there. Let's just say it's been a Running Gag and leave it at that.
- Alternate Universe: Naturally. It's even said in the title of the topic!
- And Now for Someone Completely Different
- Anti-Magic: Magic Canceler is capable of taking away EVERYONE's magical abilities and powers should it raise its aura. Thankfully, this isn't all the time.
- Asspull: How Mayuri escaped regular punishments. Nobody wanted to kill him(at first).
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Mana, per the usual. Lillian is a much smaller version of this, albeit she's around Goro's height.
- Attention Whore: Falken to the highest degree.
- Axes at School: Mitch carries a FN P90 personal defense weapon around. Partly as a Security Blanket, and partly as a self-defense tool. Mordecai also has a revolver, a sniper rifle, and a submachine gun, but they never use it unless necessary.
- Building of Adventure: Mostly everything happens in the School.(both versions)
- Middle-of-Nowhere Street: Blatant in both versions of the roleplays. Notably, the second version even goes so far as having the unnamed School actually in a random dimensional world with landscapes. How many of them are named? None.
- Butt Monkey: Travis Touchdown. As usual.
- Cuddle Bug: A rather commonplace trait with many of the student populace.
- Character Development: It seems to be small at the moment, but it's noticeable in some characters.
- Child Soldier: Zeke. He's only fourteen and known as the Colbat Blue Major.
- Crossover: A direct one with We Are Our Adventuring Avatars.
- Dysfunction Junction: There's probably very FEW students at this school who DON'T have problems, mental or otherwise.
- Deader than dead : Mayuri, by being erased from existence by God!Arcie
- Emotionless Boy: Zeke. Done deliberately on his part as considers it will get in the way of his mission.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Wheatley makes a little gag appearance, still at the school, when there's few people there.
- Extranormal Institute: With elements of
- Fanservice: Weakly indulged in. Atleast outside of Voldo, anyway.
- Foreshadowing/Future Shadowing: Shares some characters with We Are Our Adventuring Avatars, albeit in younger forms, so allusions to events to come in this game tend to pop up.
- Genius Loci: The school is sentient, and comments on the events inside on more than one occasion. Only Sapph can hear it, though.
- Ill Boy: Wren. And when we mean ill, we mean his medication is the only thing preventing him from suffering a horrible, horrible death.
- Killed Off for Real: Mayuri, Hand, Foot, But(t), Various Zombies(perhaps), Random Cheerleader, Nikola.
- Official Couple: Cirno x Mitch, Joshua x Sugar, Dave x Arcie, Heiress x Hilarity(special note is that they really don't act like one), Maggie x Keyla x Aika, Asagi x Zelgadis, Imca x Luca, Wren x "Raven", Umbra x Sapph, Selve x Lillian, Shadow x Shizuha, Mara x Chifusa, Alex x Shaun...and it just keeps on growing.
- Michelle x Gill is heading that way, but aren't actually girlfriend/boyfriend as of yet.
- Otaku Surrogate: Sanae and Zinda are Mecha Otakus. Known for having a collection of anime and manga along with plenty of model kits. They usually favor the edgy Zaku IIs over dolls.
- Puberty Superpower: This is increasingly common now, specifically with Gill. Most of Cly's Touhou characters that weren't already powered also recieved this treatment, although it was due to outside circumstances.
- Reed Richards Is Useless: David Shine makes useless things half the time instead of going to classes. Usually.
- Running Gag: The most infamous one is people bumping into eachother.
- Between Mitch and Cirno is when Coitus Ensues. Kept offscreen for obvious reasons.
- Much like the first one, Shadow is now starting to hit the walls. Including getting embedded in them.
- Which leads to Sapph getting a headache whenever the school is damaged.
- Travis' failure to hit on anyone without getting a rude reaction. This may be related to his Butt Monkey status, however.
- Cirno getting knocked out.
- Heiress getting flustered at the slightest embarassment or perverted thing.
- For a short time, Dave's teleport machine kept getting the wrong rooms, often getting him a slap to the face or another punishment.
- Gear(the troper) actually spelling words wrong is a meta example. Nobody knows why but the Troper himself.
- Lillian giving people marshmallow hells. Now that she has a boyfriend who's one head shorter than her, it's only going to get worse.
- Scary Black Man: Walter Fredrick gets mistaken for one.
- Ship Tease: Holy crap... it just goes on and on and on...
- A more notorious example is Sapph x School. Yes, the architecture itself.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: The students over the Teachers. Somewhat justified as they're the main focus of this game.
- Some more notorious examples are Imca, Shadow, Gill, Wren, Michelle, Mitch, Lillian, Garcie, and Sapph.
- Token Evil Teammate: Kurotsuchi Mayuri, before being wiped from existance.
- Tsundere: Keyla, hoo boy.