Roleplay: The Insanity Roleplay Series
A long-running play by post
roleplaying game started October 4, 2006. It began on the (now defunct) Tokyo Mew Mew
Red Data Forums and moved to its own board in its second year of operation. Although the roleplay itself is dying off
, its mythology has spawned numerous original characters and stories. There is currently a book being written about one of the characters in the roleplay. The troper Lord Blumiere is one of the founding members.
The forum can be found here: http://theinsanityrp.proboards.com
Provides Examples Of:
- Apologises a Lot: Itim near the beginning.
- Another Dimension: Adai.
- Badass Longcoat: Most notably Deep Blue, but numerous other characters were this as well.
- Because Destiny Says So: Played with in Blue's case. Her father/creator Graëf is writing the story of every one of the planets in the Adai universe due to a possessed pen, therefore inaverdently controlling his daughter's life.
- Black Comedy
- Blue and Orange Morality: Dimitri.
- Body Motifs: Black wing marks somewhere on the body denote half-Fallen half-Angels. There is also repeated reference to Blue's stigmata scars.
- The Casanova: The only reason why Luke is the Father of Evil.
- Cats Are Mean: Inverted; Evilblack is the mean one while Blackcat is perfectly kind.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: The Sorashi family tends to have this. In spades.
- Creepy Child: Sinara, being one of the Reapers, and arguably Blue at times.
- Dark Is Not Evil and Light Is Not Good: Crop up all the time; especially when considering halfbloods.
- Everything's Better with Princesses: Blue, Angel, Itim, Angeles...
- Fallen Angel
- Fantastic Racism: The Angels hate the Fallen and vicey versey.
- Female Angel, Male Demon: Averted.
- Gambit Pileup: During the Games everyone was plotting along their own agenda.
- God Save Us from the Queen!: Kali and Aneano. Inverted with Rina.
- The Gods Must Be Lazy: Angels have their own government and messengers do the dirty work. God has never appeared in a crisis situation.
- Goldfish Poop Gang: Kisshu, Pai, and Taruto, also known as The Three Stooges.
- Gorn: There are sections set in Hell, if that tells you nothing.
- Gratuitous Foreign Language: Multiple, mostly due to Rule of Cool.
- Grim Reaper: An entire race of them, in fact.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Graëf and Loz.
- His Story Repeats Itself: Slara eventually meets his crush and murderer Angel again. He ends up trying to brainwash her into becoming his servant and take her from Nightmare again.
- Holy Hitman: Zaku and the rest of the Fallen hunters.
- I Am Who?: All three of the main characters after realizing they're not human.
- I Have No Son: Soshaiin to Nightmare.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Every character gets this at one point or another. Except Dimitri.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: The non-updated list is pushing 100.
- Loves the Sound of Screaming: Kronos. FORTISSIMO!
- Luke, I Am Your Father: Graëf to Slara.
- Mary Sue Classic: Almost every one of the three main characters could be interpreted this way, due to the way the roleplay was played out.
- Massive Multiplayer Crossover: Tokyo Mew Mew, Super Paper Mario, and NiGHTS were the three main series crossed over. However, others snuck in.
- Meanwhile, Back at the...: Usually separated by 3 ~s.
- Monster Clown: The Jesters. The only one without this connotation is Chihite but he's only Jester by adoption.
- Our Angels Are Different: They can reproduce and have a system of government.
- Our Vampires Are Different: They hate loud noises.
- Pirates: Loz and Raz.
- Play-by-Post Games
- Random Events Plot
- Really 700 Years Old: Mild case with Blue, she appears 6 from around the middle on but is in her teens.
- Ridiculously Human Robots: Blue.
- Rule of Three: The three founders, three main characters, three main worlds...
- Satan Is Good: Averted. Luke is evil but completely useless.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Kali, Count Bleck, and the Shadow Queen.
- The Soulless: Blue , although it doesn't affect her due to being basically a robot and later Dimitri.
- Tangled Family Tree: The Sorashi family. Dear GOD.
- Troperiffic: But that's what makes it great.
- What Measure Is a Non-Cute?: Averted.
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?: Also averted.
- Wouldn't Hurt a Child: Dimitri, excluding his kid brother.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Zaku, Graëf, and Thorniikai.