Roleplay / Shotaquest
or Razielquest as it had been called, is a Spacebattles quest thread created and told in second person by Mizuki_stone.
The quest revolves around a lonely young Japanese boy, who has named himself Raziel. Raziel developed psychic powers at a young age and decided to emulate the abilities of Psykers from Warhammer 40,000
and those of the Angels, Ireul, Leliel and Zeruel from Neon Genesis Evangelion
. After having accidentally gone on a berserker rampage through his hometown, Raziel travels through Japan searching for anyone who is like him or at least "not normal".
One day, he hears a voice, or rather feels a call for aid. Caution and paranoia keeps him from heading towards the call immediately, resulting in him getting to the source after it has stopped. Undeterred, Raziel uses his powers to lock onto any disturbances of unknown origins in the area and succeeds in finding one almost immediately. Teleporting to the location, he finds signs of battle and the air buzzing with power.
It is here that he comes face to face with a girl, approximately his age, wearing a black outfit that looks like a mix between a gymnast costume and some sort of uniform. The girl is flying in the air, cape and long blonde hair waving in the wind.
And she has crimson red eyes.
The quest is essentially a story about an original character created by the collective minds of the spacebattlers that frequent the BROB sub-forum and his involvement in the Nanoha
universe, starting from from the very first episode.
Since it's creation, the quest has spawn a couple of spin-offs where Raziel ends up in a different universe, such as the Dresden Files
This story provides examples of:
- And I Must Scream: In a dream sequence we see flashes of Raziel's memories. One of the memories was of being in an alley after possibly being mindraped, hungry (probably for cake), but without a mouth to eat with.
- Badass Boast: Raziel has made quite a few of these whilst he's been in Apostle mode.
- The Berserker: Zeruel Mode. Also Raziel's codename according to Assasin.
- Body Horror: His powers are based on Evangelion, what exactly did you expect? Also falls under Not Quite Human.
- Broken Ace: Raziel is a type 2. He's highly competent, insanely powerful and skilled for his age, outclasses pretty much everyone else... but he's also a social cripple who barely understands how to be human.
- Cannot Tell a Lie: Raziel apparently either can't lie, or is just really really against doing it.
- Dark and Troubled Past: As per RPG protagonist standard, Raziel has one. Assassin may also fall under this trope, from what's been revealed of him so far.
- Determinator: Raziel is above and beyond even the usual for the setting, being able to keep fighting even as his body fails on him thanks to his biomancy and possessing the will to do so, to the point that it can be considered a significant psychological problem.
- Enemy Within: According to Assassin, all psykers run the risk of being overwhelmed by this during their training. This is referred to by him as them being possessed by a demon, and he's quite surprised that Raziel is able to revert from this state.
- Eye Beams: Raziel has them in Berserker mode- unsurprising as it's based off of Zeruel.
- Fusion Dance: Nanoha and Yuuno fuse with Raziel in Berserker mode to fight Precia and Assassin. This is also apparently the only way Berserker mode can be controlled.
- Heroic Albino: Raziel
- Heroic R.R.O.D.: The inevitable after-effect of Raziel activating Berserker mode is this, with a side-order of Body Horror.
- Humans Through Alien Eyes: Whilst in Apostle mode, Raziel's interactions with the rest of the cast fall more under this trope than normal social interactions.
- Iron Woobie: Raziel is a Self-Made Orphan due to the uncontrolled manifestation of his Zeruel state, has absolutely No Social Skills or, indeed, any friends at the start of the story, has powers that rapidly mutate him into a semifunctional physical state when he uses them to their fullest extent, which he does with alarming frequency, and doesn't see much of a problem with any of this.
- Irony: Raziel has a perpetual SEP Field up, found a way to completely cloak himself from magical detection, abuses the hell out of telepathy, and prefers to fight smart instead of hard when possible. Tensura has Flame Powers, is significantly stronger than Raziel, throws reason out the window in exchange for boundless rage while fighting, and prefers to blitzkrieg his opponents. Their code names are "Berserker" and "Assassin"... Respectively.
- Laser Blade: Raziel can create this using his psychic powers. Power-wise, think of all the energy of a nuclear blast (not a big one but probably a small one, like a Davy Crocket, something capable of destroying a city block with ease), now condense all that energy into a perfectly stable meter long blade. It is very powerful to the point that only another psychic blade or a very skilled barrier mage can block it.
- No Social Skills: Raziel is this due to having spent most of his life prior to the start of the story training his psyker abilities at the expense of forming no true bonds with anyone up until he meets Fate, Nanoha and the others. Although he has slowly been making progress in this area as the quest has progressed.
- Outside-Context Problem: Psyker abilities are basically this to Midchilda Mages, something driven home by the reactions after the scene where Raziel learns pyromancy and somehow makes himself healthier by setting himself on fire.
- Playing with Fire: Fits Assassin, who kind of sucks at stealth, to a T. Raziel also later gains this ability with Assassin's help, by quoting/paraphrasing the 'Shining Finger' Speech from G Gundam. ...It Makes Sense in Context.
- Psychic Powers: Raziel is a Warhammer 40K style psyker who has developed traits of Evangelion angels Ireul and Leliel. This gives him telekinesis, telepathy, teleportation and biomancy.
- Self-Made Orphan: Raziel's mother died at his birth, and he accidentally killed his father when exploring his powers. Later, it turns out that his mother might not be dead, and his father's death might not have been his fault.
- Teleport Spam: Raziel's fighting style involves quite a bit of this.
- This Explains So Much: Nanoha watches Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Raziel loves to eat cake. Especially the cakes made by the Takamachi family's bakery.
- You Are Not Alone: Oddly enough, Raziel to Fate.